Saturday, February 18, 2006

How effective is adense really

I was surfing today looking at sites for structure and what not, and it dawned on me of all the sites I was looking at, that had adsense I cannot say I ever clicked on one of them.
Is it just me, or is adsense getting itself into a sort of dead zone. Where the visitor is just so used to seeing them that theyre rarely if ever clicked on.
Kinda like banners Im sure i have seen them but not really, know what I mean.
Im starting to wonder if or not to put adsense on my site. Or is it just me.
I want content not ads. I want answers to questions not blocks of ads. I want products not ads.
When im watching the tube I flip at commercials till I find a show thats on while I wait for the commercials to be done with on the first show i was watching.
AM I a freak or is this a behaviour with net roamers too.


Adwords Secrets Revealed

Ok so I ranted about ads. Now try this, approach sites from the view point of a user. Or have a friend visit some sites that are optimized for adsense. And watch which links they click on. Or just ask them which they clicked on.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Shane, Have you seen the hit rush on your freeadvertisingforum ad last night...? :) I'd say you "owe" me 8 "real" hits (the rest 40 were just "lobby" hits)... As you have seen you can get people curious, or...? :) Gabi mail: rumelan at yahoo dot com

February 19, 2006 4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats